ShamanTalk Episode 65
December Theme: Squirrel Medicine
Shamanic Guides & Messages: Everything You Need to Know
Get The Support, Training & Confidence That You Need to Develop & Maintain a Spiritual Practice that’s EXACTLY right for you, no matter how much time you’ve got.
Get your first month absolutely FREE!
Cancel any time inside your trial and you won’t be charged.
“Believe in Yourself”
You have accumulated wisdom and experience and are surrounded by all you need. An abundance of resources is available to you through the generosity of Spirit and all your hard work.
Squirrel Spirit shows up when you need reminding that the acorns you have gathered and stowed away have enormous potential to grow, so relax into knowing there is always enough and you have what it takes to co-create the reality you want to experience.
I was new to Shamanism, and about to embark on one of my first journeys to meet a power animal.
I couldn’t wait to find out what my power animal was.
I had grand visions of Wolves, Owls, Eagles and Stags.
You know the score.
I began my Journey and, much to my devastation, I was met by…
Yep. A slug.
I was gutted.
My hopes for an elegant power animal that I could tell people about were dashed.
And my ego was thoroughly bashed.
Spirit has a sense of humour after all.
That slug actually turned out to be one of my most powerful allies and taught me to slow down and be patient.
The point of this story is to illustrate that your guides, power animals and messages can come in many forms – all as powerful as the next.
Some people never ‘see’ their guides.
You have guides that you don’t know about and may never meet.
Your messages can come in strange forms.
It takes practise to learn the language of Spirit and to build confidence in your intuition.
Rather than Googling the meanings of your Journeys and Guides, It’s important to divine your own meaning.
When you ask others what your Guides or journeys mean, you are giving away your power and missing the real message that Spirit has for you.
It’s important to learn to deeply connect with our Guides and messages.
Different ways to connect with your Guides outside a Shamanic Journey.
- Ask to connect with your Guides. Make it a habit. Only call in Guides who are there for your best and highest good. This is especially helpful if you don’t cognitively ‘know’ your Guides. You can call and connect with your Guides anytime – you don’t need to be in Journey state.
- Learn to listen. We need to slow down and quieten our minds enough to ‘hear’ the messages we are given.
- Try writing. When you feel that you are missing a message – sit down and allow your pen to flow over the page. See what comes through for you.
- Omen Walking and asking for signs is a great way to connect with Guides.
- It’s one thing to ask for guidance. It’s another thing to witness it, to really take it in and relish in the presence that’s supporting you.
The practice of paying attention to guidance isn’t about demanding. You don’t go around all day asking, “Where’s my guidance? Where’s my guidance?”
Instead, you simply allow yourself to be open to the wonder of that guidance.
Your guidance may show up in unexpected ways,. Your guidance can show up as a song on the radio, or somebody saying to you exactly what you needed to hear.
- Shift the way you talk to your guides and be in a space of GRATITUDE. If you find yourself thinking things like, “Guides, why haven’t you given me this yet?” or “Guides, I don’t believe in you. Why haven’t you shown up for me faster?” — you’re showing your distrust of them. You’re telling them you’re not really open to their guidance and that you want to be in control. Instead, you want to be thanking your guides, appreciating them, and feeling deep love and gratitude for them.
Don’t know how to Journey? No worries. I got you.
Don’t want to wait until the next live training? I got you too!
You can take the course right now (It’s not live but the content is still awesome).
Sign up using the form below.
(Don’t worry if you’re already subscribed to my list, you won’t be sent double emails. You will still need to fill out the form for access, however.)
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
I’d love for you to subscribe to my podcast! I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those.
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in and read. I’d love to know what your favourite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
Other ways to enjoy this podcast
Disclaimer: The product links on this page are affiliate links and I will receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) if you purchase through them.