ShamanTalk: Episode 25
Five Key Steps to Finding the Sacred in Everyday Life
What is Sacred anyway?
In this podcast I talk about how I found the sacred in my life. I asked myself the question often ‘what is sacred anyway’? It made no sense to me and I also thought that I was looking for a thing, an object, something tangible I could hold onto. I was looking in all the wrong places!
I talk about my realisation that the sacred is not separate. It’s not a thing to find and add to our life. Rather it is our life. The sacred is in everything. From making a cup of tea, to a beautiful dawn or making dinner or even, yes, doing the dishes!
I also talked about the 5 Key steps to finding the Sacred in your life – here is the list for you again:
- KNOWING that those sacred moments are available to you. This is real and it will appear for you (if it hasn’t already!)
- REMEMBERING one moment in your life that you recognise as sacred. (birth, death, a special ceremony, a life changing conversation). Write this down and take yourself back to that moment. Feel it in your body. Keep that memory present and allow this feeling to remind you of other moments in your life that are sacred for you.
- Setting and INTENTION for your day and asking for the sacred to become visible for you (check out podcast 12 for 6 key ways to work with intention)
- CONSITENCY is key 0 there is no magic bullet. Daily small efforts will reveal the sacred to you.
- BE IN NATURE to support you to reconnect with the sacred in your life.
I suggested a Shamanic Journey idea and promised to remind you so here it is
Go out into Nature and find a place that you are comfortable with. Go on a Journey in this place with your Guides and the Spirit of Nature that you are with (you can use am actual drum if appropriate or a drumming track on headphones). Ask to feel the Sacred in your body in a way that will help you to identify the sacred in your life more often.
If you don’t Journey yet, sit with a tree, river, meadow or other place in Nature and close your eyes. Concentrate on your breathing. Ask Nature to allow the sacred to flow through you supporting you to understand what that feels like for you. Stay with this for a while and notice what you experience in your body.
Remember to pop over to our Facebook Group and share your own sacred experiences
Don’t know how to Journey? No worries. I got you.
Don’t want to wait until the next live training? I got you too!
You can take the course right now (It’s not live but the content is still awesome).
Sign up using the form below.
(Don’t worry if you’re already subscribed to my list, you won’t be sent double emails. You will still need to fill out the form for access, however.)
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
I’d love for you to subscribe to my podcast! I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those.
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in and read. I’d love to know what your favourite part of the podcast is. Thank you!