ShamanTalk: Episode 47
July Theme: Otter Medicine
Enslaved Empath vs Empowered Empath
Get The Support, Training & Confidence That You Need to Develop & Maintain a Spiritual Practice that’s EXACTLY right for you, no matter how much time you’ve got.
Get your first month absolutely FREE!
Cancel any time inside your trial and you won’t be charged.
“You are never alone”
Like true friends, otters nurture each other and express their affection through touch.
Otter Spirit has appeared to remind you to experience and express friendships and relationships in a tangible way.
Empaths are highly sensitive individuals, who have a keen ability to sense what people around them are thinking and feeling. Psychologists may use the term empath to describe a person that experiences a great deal of empathy, often to the point of taking on the pain of others at their own expense.
Here are some key pointers to Empathic Ability:
- Closeness and intimacy can overwhelm you
- You have good intuition
- You don’t do well in crowded places
- You have a hard time not caring
- People tend to tell you their problems
- You don’t like conflict
- You often feel like you don’t fit in
- You tend to isolate
- You have a hard time setting boundaries
- You sometimes find it tough to cope with sensory and emotional overload
If these describe you then you are what I call an Enslaved Empath. You currently don’t understand your gifts or how to use them appropriately. They control your life and often make it difficult to function well in your world.
Some people are deeply defined by their label of Empath and also use it to absolve responsibility for their own health and well-being… I’m an empath so I can x or y…
Here are some steps you can take to become an Empowered Empath!
- Believe you can make changes & protect yourself. You need to choose the path of empowerment & not be defined by the apparent weakness of empathic gifts.
- Use visualisation techniques like light or bubbles to surround your energetic field. If you need something stronger imagine a blast of light pushing energy that’s not yours away.
- Work with the Guardian Guide from last weeks episode. I’ll include the journey to meet this guide again this week.
- Sort out your boundaries and learn to say no.
- Work with a therapist or practitioner to support you with the mindset you need to make the shift from enslaved to empowered.
- Remember that walking around feeling others emotions is not ethical or appropriate. Set the intention in your life that you only feel or hear or know things that will DIRECTLY affect you. That way you will develop your intuition properly knowing you are only hearing or feeling energy that’s relevant to you. It’s also way more ethical. No guilt here! When you know better you do better!
- Don’t play the victim. Empaths often lack self-worth. After a while, your need to be loved can turn into a victim mentality. This is commonly seen in spiritual relationships where the guru ends up with all of the resources and the devotees are drained of self-esteem, money and more.
The benefits of being an Empowered Empath
- You have way more energy.
- Your intuition is clearer, ethical and pointed at the right things for you not for others.
- Your sense of inner personal power and confidence will grow.
- If you work or want to work in the healing field you will be a way more effective holder of space.
- You empower yourself to move towards your destiny in this life as your energy is held in your centre and not scattered to the four winds.
- You empower others.
Activities & Journeys
- A) Do the Guardian Guide Journey from last week Click here to listen. If you have not met this guide yet go ahead and do the Journey from last week. When you’ve met your Guardian Guide, move on to part B below.
- B) This is what I used to call the Body Protector Guide. If you have a relationship with this Guide already then go on a Journey and ask to be shown how this guide can help and support you through an empathic transformation.
- If any of the list above or a combination of them describe you then here is a mantra that I would like you to use for 7 days.
‘I am an Empowered Empath’
For at least 60 seconds as often as you can remember throughout the day. Min 3 times
- Working with water to transmute negative energy. Run yourself a bath, take a long shower, swim in a river or ocean – find water that you can immerse in. Take your time to connect with the water, feel it all around your body. Then ask the water to take from your body any negative energy you’ve picked up that’s not yours. The water will then transmute the negative energy and release it back to loving light.
Do this as often as you need to in your life.
Don’t know how to Journey? No worries. I got you.
Don’t want to wait until the next live training? I got you too!
You can take the course right now (It’s not live but the content is still awesome).
Sign up using the form below.
(Don’t worry if you’re already subscribed to my list, you won’t be sent double emails. You will still need to fill out the form for access, however.)
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
I’d love for you to subscribe to my podcast! I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those.
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in and read. I’d love to know what your favourite part of the podcast is. Thank you!