This is one of my favourite podcasts, and I’m thrilled to be Refocussing our attention on this essential subject this week.
One of my biggest passions in life is to bring this information to the attention of those who consider themselves as highly sensitive people or Empaths.
I highly doubt your mission in this life is to carry the burdens of others on your shoulders. I really do not think that the Divine Universe has chosen to curse you with this millstone. It is way more likely that you were born with specific spiritual gifts that, through trauma, have run amok and are causing you pain.
So listen to this week’s podcast and re-visit how you can find an empowered place for your gifts. A place of strength and resilience, so you can fulfil your true destiny in this lifetime. Your destiny may not be earth shattered or epic; it may be as simple as overcoming ancestral wounds and becoming an empowered person. But as long as we let the enslaved empath archetype run the show… you’ll never know.
Empaths are highly sensitive individuals who have a keen ability to sense what people around them are thinking and feeling. Psychologists may use the term “empath” to describe a person who experiences a great deal of empathy, often to the point of taking on others’ pain at their own expense.
Here are some key pointers to Empathic Ability:
- Closeness and intimacy can overwhelm you
- You have good intuition
- You don’t do well in crowded places
- You have a hard time not caring
- People tend to tell you their problems
- You don’t like conflict
- You often feel like you don’t fit in
- You tend to isolate
- You have a hard time setting boundaries
- You sometimes find it tough to cope with sensory and emotional overload.
If these describe you, then you are what I call an Enslaved Empath.
You currently don’t understand your gifts or how to use them appropriately. They control your life and often make it difficult to function well in your world.
Some people are deeply defined by their label of Empath and use it to absolve responsibility for their own health and well-being…
I’m an empath so I can’t x or y…
Here are some steps you can take to become an Empowered Empath:
1. Believe you can make changes & protect yourself. You need to choose the path of empowerment & not be defined by the apparent weakness of empathic gifts.
2. Use visualisation techniques like light or bubbles to surround your energetic field. If you need something more substantial, imagine a blast of light pushing energy that’s not yours away.
3. Work with the Guardian Guide from last weeks episode. I’ll include the journey to meet this Guide again this week.
4. Sort out your boundaries and learn to say no.
5. Work with a therapist or practitioner to support you with the mindset you need to shift from enslaved to empowered.
6. Remember that walking around feeling others emotions is not ethical or appropriate. Set your life’s intention that you only feel or hear or know things that will DIRECTLY affect you. That way, you will develop your intuition properly, knowing you are only hearing or feeling the energy relevant to you. It’s also way more ethical. No guilt here! When you know better, you do better!
7. Don’t play the victim
. Empaths often lack self-worth
. After a while, your need to be loved can turn into a victim mentality. This is commonly seen in spiritual relationships where the guru ends up with the resources, and the devotees are drained of self-esteem, money and more.