ShamanTalk: Episode 44
July Theme: Otter Medicine
11 Key Tips for Healthy Relationships
“You are never alone”
Like true friends, otters nurture each other and express their affection through touch.
Otter Spirit has appeared to remind you to experience and express friendships and relationships in a tangible way.
As Otter Spirit is calling us to look at our relationships, this week’s podcast is going to be all about relationships and keeping them healthy!
We’ll be delving into what to look for in a relationship (counts for friends and partners!), is it healthy? Could things be better? Do I have good boundaries?
A good friend/partner will: Show a genuine interest in what’s going on in your life, what you have to say, and how you think and feel. Accept you for who you are Listen to you attentively without judging you, telling you how to think or feel, or trying to change the subject. Feel comfortable sharing things about themselves with you
A friend is someone you trust and with whom you share a deep level of understanding and communication.
As friendship works both ways, a friend is also someone you feel comfortable supporting and accepting, and someone with whom you share a bond of trust and loyalty.
Here’s what I cover in this episode (I’ll go into each point in much more depth):
- Communication – don’t let things fester. Be brave and speak up.
- You’ll never have to negotiate your way into a heart that wants you there
- The silent treatment – this is not OK. Either coming from you or being directed at you. It’s used to shut down communication, to avoid confrontation, it’s manipulative and it’s used to punish.
- Don’t make assumptions about other people – just ask!
- When someone is having a bad day – don’t take it personally (but see 6!)
- Have good boundaries. Learn to say NO!
- Know that’s it’s OK to have your needs met in a relationship whether that’s a friendship or otherwise. It should never be all one way.
- Do you have fun? Do you laugh together?
- Trust is really important. Do you feel safe to be vulnerable?
- Belonging vs. fitting in
- Watch out for the Drama Triangle
This week’s Journeys
1. Go on a Journey with your Guides and ask to be shown changes you can make in your behaviour, perceptions or actions that will help to foster healthy relationships
2. If you are having doubts about a relationship, go on a journey with your guides and ask for wisdom and guidance to support you to decide what actions need to be taken.
Don’t know how to Journey? No worries. I got you.
Don’t want to wait until the next live training? I got you too!
You can take the course right now (It’s not live but the content is still awesome).
Sign up using the form below.
(Don’t worry if you’re already subscribed to my list, you won’t be sent double emails. You will still need to fill out the form for access, however.)
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
I’d love for you to subscribe to my podcast! I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those.
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in and read. I’d love to know what your favourite part of the podcast is. Thank you!