ShamanTalk: Episode 52
Stepping Out of Saviour Mode
It’s understandable to want to help someone one in a bind.
But what if they didn’t want help?
Do we accept their refusal? Or do we insist on helping, believing we know exactly how to handle their problem, regardless of their desire to work it out themselves?
A saviour complex describes this need to “save” people by fixing their problems.
People with a saviour complex tend to:
- only feel good about themselves when helping someone
- believe helping others is their sole purpose
- expend so much energy trying to fix others that they end up burning out
This week we take a look at how to recognise this kind of behaviour and why it can do more harm than good.
We also discuss how compassionate ways that you can respond to being ‘saved’ by others when you didn’t ask for help.
Activities & Journeys
- Work with the energy of Swan and take a deep dive, go beyond the surface, go on a Journey and ask to be shown something you don’t know about the Saviour Complex.
- Try going 7 days with giving people advice, telling them what to do and why or finding solutions for the people around you. Was that easy? Difficult? What did you learn from this project?
Unlock live healing circles, ceremonies, a growing library of Shamanic workshops & more!
Step into the Centre’s very special Shamanic sanctuary. Inside Spiritual Momentum. you’ll find live weekly gatherings, skill-building courses, a book club, and near-daily support from Rhonda and her team of trusted practitioners.
Oh, it gets better! Get full and immediate access to ALL THE PERKS when you start a risk-free* membership today
*30-day ‘no questions asked’ money back guarantee.
FREE COURSE: Learn how to…
Journey safely to the spirit realm &
interpret your experience with confidence.
Beginner-friendly! Grab a simple, step-by-step process for journeying to the Spirit Realms & Celtic Otherworlds. Then take a guided journey led by an experienced Shamanic practitioner. So you can speak with your Spirit Guides and Power Animals.
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
I’d love for you to subscribe to my podcast! I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those.
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in and read. I’d love to know what your favourite part of the podcast is. Thank you!