ShamanTalk Episode 75
Overcoming Self-Worth issues
Self-worth is such a big topic! And yet, it is a symptom of deeper issues, not a problem in itself. So focusing on low self-worth can sometimes be detrimental.
In this week’s podcast, we’ll look into the symptoms of low self-worth and what you can do if you find yourself having these issues.
Some symptoms of having low self-worth are apparent, while others are hidden.
Common Symptoms of self-worth issues:
- Unable to trust your own opinion
- Always overthinking
- Afraid to take challenges, being worried you wouldn’t overcome them
- Hard on yourself but lenient with others
- Frequent anxiety and emotional turmoil
- Being a workaholic
- Overachieving or underachieving
Causes of Low Self-Worth
Most of the time, it stems from our childhood. Here’re some negative early experiences that lead to low self-esteem:
- Frequent punishment
- Frequent neglect
- Chronic abuse
- Harsh parental standards
- Being bullied/boycotted
- Being on the receiving end of someone else’s stress or despair
- Lack of praise, warmth and affection
How Low Self-Worth Affects Every Aspect of Your Life
- It Makes You Confuse Love with Low Self-Worth
- It Makes You Have a Lower Hand in the Relationship
- It Makes Your Employers Feel That You’re Not Talented
- It Can Lead to Depression
According to psychologist Abraham Maslow, to live a fulfilling life, you should take care of the five levels of basic human needs:
I’ve summarised the above items and put them into this list for you:
- A meaningful life purpose through Shamanism/Spirituality
- Recognition and respect from others
- Deep connection with loved ones
- Sense of security
- A healthy body
As you gradually equip yourself with the skills to fulfil the above needs, you’ll forget about self-esteem, and suddenly you’ll find that you just feel proud of yourself when seeing how far you have come!
If you find yourself having low self-esteem, don’t be hopeless. Have faith in yourself that you can regain self-esteem and become a confident and successful person.
Activities and Journeys
- Journey with your Guides to the root cause of your Self-Worth issues. Ask to be shown the energetic nature of your problems and connect with them on a deeper level.
Ask to be given a symbol that represents this root cause.
There might be more than one.
When you return from your Journey, draw the symbols; this will enable you to SEE your issues more clearly and help you and your Guides forge a path ahead.
- Next, I invite you to Journey to your Divine Self. Staying connected with the energy of the previous Journey, please take your symbols with you. Either in your mind’s eye, or you can draw them.
Ask your Divine Self what steps you need to take to overcome these root causes. You may also receive healing for these issues.
Then leave your symbols with your Divine Self – you no longer need to carry the burden of those – they will be held safely as you navigate the changes you need to make in your life.
Unlock live healing circles, ceremonies, a growing library of Shamanic workshops & more!
Step into the Centre’s very special Shamanic sanctuary. Inside Spiritual Momentum. you’ll find live weekly gatherings, skill-building courses, a book club, and near-daily support from Rhonda and her team of trusted practitioners.
Oh, it gets better! Get full and immediate access to ALL THE PERKS when you start a risk-free* membership today
*30-day ‘no questions asked’ money back guarantee.
Subscribe & Review in iTunes
I’d love for you to subscribe to my podcast! I don’t want you to miss an episode. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the mix and if you’re not subscribed there’s a good chance you’ll miss out on those.
Now if you’re feeling extra loving, I would be really grateful if you left me a review over on iTunes, too. Those reviews help other people find my podcast and they’re also fun for me to go in and read. I’d love to know what your favourite part of the podcast is. Thank you!
Other ways to enjoy this podcast
Disclaimer: The product links on this page are affiliate links and I will receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you) if you purchase through them.